Eleiko Strength Coach Level 1 2014
ABOUT THE EVENT
The aim of the coaching course is to provide a comprehensive overview of the many different methods, viewing the pros and cons associated with these and how to develop key technical coaching models to ensure maximum benefit and safety for your athlete or client. The course will focus on the typical and not so typical compensations seen and focus on strategies to improving lifting competencies.
- Safety in Weightlifting
- Bio-mechanics of weightlifting
- Coaching principles
- The role of Postural Analysis and Functional Movement Assessment
- Progression lifts and Classical lifts Adaption of exercises for sports Technique Assessment and correction Progressive Resistance Principles Developing training programs
- The coach will learn and practice the Core lifts (Clean and Jerk and the Snatch). Methods willinclude the “Top Down” the “Ground Up” the “Hang position”.
- Be able to coach and correct weightlifting skills and ensure that each athlete has the opportunity for optimal learning, development and performance. “Learner Centred” Outline and explain the background and principles of planning and preparing weightlifting training programs for fitness and sport. “Principles of Training”
- Prepare a program that meets the needs of the athlete/ team under their supervision and adjust it to meet the demands of their sport. “Periodisation”
- Demonstrate a range of practical coaching approaches in weightlifting. “Coaching Competency”
Friday 6th 10.00am – 5.00pm Saturday7th 9.00am – 5.00pm Sunday 8th 9.00am – 2.00pm
Course Fees: £400.00
All course materials, course manual and snacks are included in the price. Information and Applications Forms E-mail: Eleikoweightliftingforsports@gmail.com