CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course 2014
ABOUT THE EVENT
Reading Material: The reading material link is embedded in the registration confirmation email that you will receive as soon as you register. Print the material and bring it with you.
Meals: On your own.
Coach Tucker or one of his Tier One coaches will delve into basic, intermediate and advanced gymnastics forms in a lecture setting followed by practical application. Our goal in this course is to aid CrossFitters in using gymnastics for strength development, core control, spatial awareness and WOD progressions.
Handouts and other material will be e-mailed to you prior to the course date. You will be taught a wide variety of foundational movements and techniques, including these and others:
- Basic strength: development for disadvantaged leverage and basic strength prowess for gymnastics movement.
- handstands, L-sits, stretching, core control, handstand push-ups, scalability of basic and intermediate movements, spotting, range-of-motion/extreme range of motion training.
- core-training exercises, support work, proper hand placement, L-sits, iron-cross progressions, dislocates, presses, muscle-ups and muscle-up drills, self-spotting techniques, kips, handstands, and conditioning.
- : handstands, back levers, skin the cats, L-sit pull-up variations, stretching, kipping swings, spotting techniques, bar muscle-ups, scalability of all movements.
- handstand push-ups, handstand forward rolls, balance work, presses to handstands, L-sits to handstands. You will be taught how to spot and scale these foundational elements for WODs and newbies, and you will learn hand placement, core control, strength development, planches (progressions on floor, rings and paralettes).
You need to bring athletic attire and an adventurous attitude!
Frequently Asked Questions
#1: Are there any pre-requisites for the course?
No. Anyone can attend; however, to receive a Trainer Certificate for the CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course one must hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate. If you attend and do not hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate, you will be issued a Certificate of Attendance.
#2: What are the requirements for becoming a CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer?
The requirements for this credential are stringent, primarily for your protection and the safety of those you train. They are:
1. Holding a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate
2. 100% course attendance
3. 100% participation
#3: When will I receive my certificate?
You will receive your certificate at the completion of the seminar