ABOUT THE EVENT
The Coach’s Prep Course is an intermediate level seminar, building on the concepts and movements introduced at the Level 1 Certificate Course. The course is ideally suited for all CrossFit trainers, emerging Affiliates, and anyone serious about developing quality in coaching techniques. Attendees will enhance their understanding of the CrossFit methodology, program design and implementation, and advance their coaching skills.
Come prepared to be heavily engaged. Peers and instructors will provide coaching, evaluation, and feedback as you actively participate in lectures and small group work.
- Level 1 Trainer Certificate or Level 1 Certificate of Attendance.
Attendees should leave the course with a better ability to:
- Identify essential elements of functional movement and how they confer increased safety and performance
- Identify movement faults and make corrections for improved movement
- Articulate and emulate the essential criteria of an effective trainer
- Design and analyze the effectiveness of programming for CrossFit
- Structure and run group classes
- Coach under load and manage group strength work
- The course is held in English only.
- Course participants are expected to coach others in English to receive their Trainer Certificate.
- 9 AM to ~5:30PM each day.
- One-hour lunch break each day.
- Meals are on your own. Bring your meal if you do not plan on going off-site.
- Study the Level 1 Training Guide, specifically the 9 foundational movements (pp. 104-113).
- Coach small groups the foundational movements (recommended: at least 6 months).
- Review the Coach’s Prep Course Required Reading